Monday, June 14, 2010

My Lord; My Friend

Christ Greater Love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (NIV)

Today is the beginning of friendship week on Seeking Peace. What better way to begin the week than with a walk with my closest friend; Jesus. In a world where loneliness is not far from reach, it is apparent that we need relationships. The greatest relationship I have developed is one with my Lord.

* He is a friend I can tell all my fears to and He will comfort. (Psalm 71:21)

* He is a friend I can share all my problems with and He will listen.(1 John 5: 14-15)

* He is a friend I can come to when I am sick and He will heal.(Exodus 23:25)

* He is a friend I can cry to and He will dry my tears. (Psalm 56:8)

* He is a friend I can seek when I need direction and He will light my way. (Proverbs 3: 5-6)

A friendship with Jesus is the best comfort I could ever hope to find. Best of all, He considers me a close friend, too. Jesus said to His disciples,  “I no longer call you servants…instead I have called you friends.” John 15:15 (NIV)

He is a friend who made the greatest sacrifice; a friend who loves me more than anyone ever could; a friend who knows me inside out; a friend who died for me.

Greater Love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (NIV)
Best of all, He is a friend who does not play favorites for He has many friends. All of us in Christ are friends. He is mine and He is YOURS.

Start off your week excited that you have someone beside you 24/7. You have someone you can call on at 3am that will always answer. You have someone you can cry to, share with, run to, and rest in.

In Christ, you have the best friend of all. We all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment