Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dealing with Loneliness

It has been hard for me the past few days. My hubby has been gone from home 3.5 out of 4 days. I have found myself becoming lonely and bored. I have worked, cleaned the house, watched movies and tv shows, read, cut the grass, cleaned off the porch, had lunch with a friend, and even gone out of town.

However, a void has still been in my heart amid all those activities. I have MISSED my hubby. I have missed seeing him, hugging him, kissing him, talking to him, and working together on things with him.

Loneliness is not any fun. Mix with it the fact that I am not 17 anymore and cant just call up my girlfriend for a 4 hour conversation.

Why?

All of my girlfriends have husbands, children, and busy schedules.

Also add to it that I have no children. My poor doggy has had to take over that role. (I’ve even been cuddling him like a baby and talking ooey gooey to him) Sanity Check

On the flip side…

I have enjoyed the house remaining clean.

I have enjoyed eating only what I want to eat.

I have enjoyed having a king size bed all to myself.

I have enjoyed quiet time with the Lord.

So how come I have been lonely?

Genesis 2:18 ESV Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Okay, I am not a man obviously. But this verse definitely applies to me lately. My husband is my helper. He helps me by listening, counseling, sharing, laughing, talking, working, resting, and sleeping.

I have learned that the high I get from being able to do all those things I mentioned above is quickly replaced after several days of alone time. I begin to desire my hubs companionship and his nasty clothes strewn on the floor.

We need someone to walk through life with who inspires us, challenges us, helps us, and loves us in a different way from the rest of the people in our world. For those of us who are married, it should be our husband. (For those who God does not design a marriage for, He replaces that void with another form of companionship)

It is not good that we should be alone…I have learned that. And no, man is not good without woman…that is why God made us beautiful creatures…but I have also learned that just as I am my husbands helper, my husband is my helper.

How do you deal with loneliness?

No comments:

Post a Comment