Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Family; My Friend

 

A namesake. A sense of belonging. A place that feels like home.

Laughter. Tears. Arguments. Sharing. Comfort. Healing.

Only one word wraps all of these beautiful emotions into one…

Family

We all have within us a need to belong and be loved. We crave a place where we can be ourselves 100% without fear of rejection. I have that type of relationship within my family. A close family bond that is akin to a beautiful friendship.

Growing up, I never was one that wanted to hang out with the family much. I had more important things to do; more important people to see. I needed to be out in the world and experience life away from
“rules and regulations.”

As I have matured, I find there is no other place I would rather be than with my whole family gathered together. Me, my hubby, my parents, my siblings, my niece and nephews, creating memories and living  out traditions.

The relationship I have developed with my loved ones over the past couple of years is one that I will always cherish. There has been no other group of people in my life that has walked hand in hand together through some of our darkest moments like my family. There has been no other group of people in my life who have helped, prayed for, and believed in one another as we have.

Family’s are a blessing. Family is a beautiful thing. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” (Eva Burrows)

Enjoy your family today! God Bless!

Rachel

For whatever reason He sees fit, God gives us the family we have for a reason. I do realize there are those in the world who have no “family.” However, family does not have to be blood. Family can be any one or any group of people where we feel safe and at home. Who is your family and why? Is your “family” your family or your church or friends or co-workers?

No comments:

Post a Comment