Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Got to stay away

I have been working on a book proposal. I am getting overwhelmed, I must say. It is all I can think about at night. Catchy Titles, interesting table of contents, witty story lines, encouraging words and on and on and on. I am so ready to have this thing over and done with. However, I have a long way to go. And right now my brain is fried so that makes it even more difficult because A. I feel guilty for stopping so abruptly as this and B. what if my ideas stop flowing and I lose my rhythm?

I had to seek some encouragement from God's word and stumbled across Mark 6:31. And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. That is how I have come to feel; coming and going with even no leisure to cook, clean, rest, etc...

God knows that we are goers, overachievers, we push ourselves hard. We don't give ourselves credit for the accomplishments we achieve, but if we perform less than we know we can, we aren't afraid to beat ourselves up about it, either.

So I have to commit myself to staying away from creative thinking for the next two days. This should be hard, but I have to give my brain a rest from all the coming and going it has been performing lately. This may be a little difficult for me, but my brain has got to reenergize and I have to make sure that I wait on God to direct my words for this proposal so it is all about Him and not about me.

Cross your fingers for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment