Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dreaming and Waiting

Okay, I admit it! I am a dreamer! I have a dream in my heart and a desire that burns deeply. I have a feeling that God wants me to be somewhere other than where I am. I have a desire to witness for Him. I want to share God’s love with many women. However, I am stuck.
I don’t know where to start, what to do, how to accomplish it, which path to take, etc…etc… It is rather frustrating, I must admit. The one thing that I remain hung up on is that I want to make sure that what I do for Him will be to glorify Him and not me. I don’t want it to be about me, at all. Our human nature can make us want to seek attention and credit, but it is not up to us to want that for ourselves. The things we do for Christ should be what He wants us to do for him. If we wait for Him to direct out path, our works will not go unseen by the One who matters. And it will produce more good than if we are “doing” for our own credit.
Even now, as I am typing this, I feel a tug in my heart. I am very overwhelmed with emotion because I am seeking. I am seeking His direction and praying for Him to show me what He would have me do and where He would have me go. Is it through blogging, writing devotionals, attempting a book, speaking?
What is it and how do I get there, how can I find it? I feel like it would be easier if God would speak to me like He did Samuel. But then again, I may be confused if He did…such as Samuel was. However, I am trying to take the advice Eli offered Samuel; 1 Samuel 3:9 – So Eli told Samuel "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.'" So Samuel went and lay down…
That is my request…Speak, Lord, I want to hear you. I want to know where you want me to be. I want to know how I can be a voice and witness for you. Use me…your servant is listening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment