Friday, December 4, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

What I am thankful for this time of year:

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
Warm PJ's
Electric Blanket
Christmas tree
My lighted Nativity Scene
Christmas Music
Candles
My ornaments from Callaway Gardens
Heated car seats
Christmas movies
Watching "Little Women" each year when cold weather hits

But above all of this, I am most thankful for my Lord and Savior. Each year our tradition is to put the Christmas Tree up the day after Thanksgiving (although due to my hubby's work schedule this year we had to put it up the day before) Anyway, we trim the tree, move furniture around, place the lights and ornaments, play Christmas music, fix hot chocolate and decorate the house in and out with all the Christmas decorations. But my most favorite part of decorating my tree is the King's Crown Tree Topper I place on the tree. A lady I used to work with made them by hand and gave me one. I have placed this on my tree now for nine years.






Now, most people would think...aren't we supposed to be celebrating Christ's birth? Yes.
So, why are you placing a symbol of His death and suffering on your tree? Because just as the poem that goes along with the tree topper says "to place this crown for all to see, the kind of King that He would be"
Placing this topper on my tree reminds me of WHY we celebrate Christ's birth this day. It is because of what He did for us to provide a hope and peace.

Luke 2: 11 "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you..."
Savior means: One who helps a person achieve Salvation. Christ's birth led to His teaching, His healing, His love and compassion. His birth led to the selfless sacrifice of His life, which gives us eternal salvation.

While during this season, the feel and beauty of the Christ Child's birth is Holy and Reverent, I still remember the eternal gift His life left for me.
Remember during the rush of shopping and going, going, going...to pause and reflect on the reason we celebrate December 25th. Christ the Savior was born. He then chose to die for our sins, and He was resurrected for our chance at an eternal life with Him in Heaven. "O Holy Night!"







2 comments:

  1. There's so much that I love about the Christmas season too! I love the lights! I love snow! I love listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. And I love the movie "Little Women" too! My favorite version is the one with Wynona Ryder. Which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wynona Ryder one is my favorite too!!!!! I watch it every December. Such a great movie. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete