Monday, August 17, 2009

When was the last time you laughed? I mean a full-hearted, loud, hard to breathe, tears streaming down your face, can't stop laughing-laugh? For me it had been a while. I tend to be so serious about things. Bills get overlooked, laundry gets piled up, I can not find anything for breakfast, I realize I need gas in my car when I only have 10 minutes to be somewhere and on and on and on. Life is so busy and our minds are so overcharged that "fun" can be the furthest thing from our mind.
The other night my husband was asked to go fix his sister's computer. We headed over to her home to complete one more task before our day ended. Little did I know that I would wind up laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. Another "to-do" turned into a night of talking and laughter.
It felt so good to laugh and share. My soul felt cleansed. When we got in the truck to head home, I was in awe at how great I felt. I slept sound when I crawled in bed and the next day I continued snickering over things I remembered from the night before. It made my day so much brighter.
As women we tend to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders. Some of us are daughters, wives, friends, mothers, grandmother's, aunts, Sunday School teachers, caregivers, professionals, sports team leaders, bill payers, grocery shopper's, homemakers, the list goes on. Some of us are all of the above. No wonder we become so serious.
We all need to take the time in our life to stop and laugh. Schedule a girls night out. Call a friend over for a two hour visit. Listen to a clean comedy station on the way to run your errands. There are many ways that we can add a little laughter in our life. We need it, it is the best medicine! It cleanses our souls and makes us feel lighthearted.
I challenge you to schedule that downtime with someone who makes you laugh. I hope that when you do that you will laugh so hard, you cry or even wet your pants (lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment