Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Does This Good Girl Need Grace?

Only finished Chapter 1 of Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman and already I am nervous regarding what I will discover about myself. I am not perfect, was not perfect nor ever will be perfect. My life is not perfect, was not perfect nor ever will be perfect.

Someone once told me, “Yes, you have accepted Christ but you have not accepted Grace.”

You see, I have a deep desire to be perfect. I even pray that God will help me to become a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, granddaughter, employee….Christian. I tell myself that it is not perfection I am seeking, only to grow more. To grow more spiritually and as a human being. But is that really what I mean?

Or do I mean, please love me. Please let others like me. Please give me validation. Please show me I am lovely. Please be pleased with me. And I will “work” to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Even if it mean striving for perfection. Please just love me Lord.

Grace…


Rachel W. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment