Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am not forgotten!

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance (Psalm 43: 5 KJV)

Today, I have been feeling slightly blah; a little downhearted, a little mope-y. Maybe it is changes in my life, maybe it is that I missed the much needed encouragement of fellowship with my Christian family today, or maybe it is a little bit of both.

Needing encouragement and support that can only come from one place, I diligently and desperately prayed to God tonight for His guidance and direction. I sank into a warm bath with my Bible in hand, closed my eyes and asked God to lead me to the place I needed to be; for Him to answer my hearts cry with wisdom from His word.

I opened to Psalm 43. I read, read and re-read. I felt God answer me- “Hope in - Me…. Praise - Me….Rely on - Me….” God’s timing was perfect and His answer to my prayer for wisdom left me feeling loved and renewed.

Encouragement is what I sought;it is what I prayed for God to give me. After already feeling blessed by His answer to my prayer, I felt a deeper tug from Him to look up the definition of “countenance” (who is the health of my countenance)

What did I see? approval or favor; encouragement; moral support---

He said to me yes, Rachel I approve of you and I favor you. I want to be your encouragement and I will always be your support.

Fill in the blank with your name: Yes ______ I approve of you and I favor you. I want to be your encouragement and I will always be your support.

Love, Rachel

1 comment: